Does MAIN website need to be more modern?

Started by Sadauskas, Nov 01, 2022, 08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Does MAIN website need to be more modern?

You may only select up to 3 options.

Sadauskas

P.S The current design is kinda temporary since we been hacked &  lost all of it (projects in process, backups etc)    All of our main computers & server (on premises) were effected by Malware, hackers were asking way too much money to get it all back (thousands of $) we couldn't afford anything close, plus there was no guarantees we would get back unaffected data back, so we decided start from scratch. It was a big hit financially & the worst part we lost our backups.
Since now we started from scratch, we hired a very talented Hackers Group called "KARMA HACKERS" who been nothing but blessing, they stopped multiple attacks already & they charge us fraction of their regular price, since they know our history & what we stand for. They go by different name when working with big corporations & are real Pros in their field. We are extremely grateful they agreed to look after us!   

Potato

It's really dangerous to have your server on premises that holds all your DATA and even backups. Considered you been hacked, I assume you didn't have an IT person who would secure your data on servers + make another backup of existing backups... Depending on your server & data size, if you don't hold bunch of actual servers on site & only have few, its always smart to have have 1 backup on site and 1 backup somewhere safely online... Glad to hear you are in the good hands now and can have a peace of mind...

Mrs.Hairy

LOVE the minimalistic design and all text based so you can enjoy the contect without distrubtions

Sadauskas

Hello,
Well its been about 10 days since the poll was started and after 104 votes we are happy to see that the winner is:
"No, its fine, its information that matters" - with 99 votes following with - "Who cares, pay more attention to content & not the design" with 28 votes. and the least votes third option is "
Yes it does, it looks way outdated" - with only 6 votes.
So seems like majority of voters agree with our "website design" & that mostly what matters is the information & not the "bling bling" when visiting the website. Of course we went with a darker background and not totally bright white letters, so even that would be easy on readers eyes, since some websites that don't want to have white background often chooses black background and white letters, not realizing that's not the best way, for that reason we went with slightly greyish text color. Maybe in the future we will add options so users can choose how they see our website & forum.

Thank YOU!
Sadauskas
(#Sadauskas #Sadauskiene #dainius.sadauskas #dainius)

DragonFly

I love "notepad" style designs with dark backgroud added LMAO

Nobody

Quote from: DragonFly on Nov 12, 2022, 05:11 PMI love "notepad" style designs with dark backgroud added LMAO
I'm on the same  page as you LOL

p4553nger

There is outdated & there is simple with mostly text based designs. This design of sadauskas.info could not be called as "outdated". When you see an outdated (late 90s early 2000s design) you would know immediately, it would always include some background picture & would use picture elements for it's design. A text based design is timeless!

Gufferdale

Quote from: p4553nger on Nov 13, 2022, 06:16 PMThere is outdated & there is simple with mostly text based designs. This design of sadauskas.info could not be called as "outdated". When you see an outdated (late 90s early 2000s design) you would know immediately, it would always include some background picture & would use picture elements for it's design. A text based design is timeless!
Totally agree, for me it looks like very modern & very minimalistic design if you can even call it a design lol

d0o0o0ope

Don't change this super simple a freaking DOPE current design! LOVE IT!

EmilyNerd

I think voting results speak for it self, current layout (design) of the website is great & should stay this way

Sadauskas

Quote from: EmilyNerd on Nov 18, 2022, 03:23 PMI think voting results speak for it self, current layout (design) of the website is great & should stay this way
I agree, numbers speak for it self...

bumble

I always had a soft spot for text based websites without BS bells & whistles inserted into the website pages. I miss the early days of the internet, of course they were based this way because of the users internet speed, but it was great. Now they add so much sh*t that it would take like an hour to load with the early dial-up speeds. So great job guys, great looking site! easy to navigate with no BS!
Keep up this exact way, I even subscribed to your twitter because of the website :)

Sadauskas

Well this pole been active for quite some time at the time of this comment im making we had a total of 249 votes and it's clear, our visitors dont care about modern fancy website designs and cares way more about the content / info. We totally agree, however we had 22 votes who disagree, but thats a very small amount considered total votes.
However we need to make the https://sadauskas.info a mobile friendly website, this way we would be better friends with google. For that reason we made https://sadauskiene.com a more modern & mobile friendly

We still working on this project, however it's going slower due to other multiple projects we working on as well... as SADAUSKAI is not a priority, but who will deff feel the power of internet karma.

DeezNutz

Hell no, I wish all website would be "notepad / text based" LMAO
I like how you made the https://sadauskas.info, however https://sadauskiene.com kinda sucks lol

neemfo

Quote from: DeezNutz on Jan 12, 2023, 12:07 PMHell no, I wish all website would be "notepad / text based" LMAO
I like how you made the https://sadauskas.info, however https://sadauskiene.com kinda sucks lol

Have to totally agree with you, even though simple text based websites looks simple, you have to have skills to make it eye pleasing only using text and colors. I gotta give it to sadauskas, it's nicely done, good choice of colors and love the menu, specially the simple, but cool "extra" section when it expands. :)

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview